Today one of my favorite authors, Stephen King, turns 69 and I’d like to celebrate this birthday and the next by attempting to read all of his fictional novels within a year!
If my research is correct, I believe this is about 66 books including the 11 collections, and each collection ranges between 4 to 24 stories.
Can this be done? Has anyone done this before?
I could feel daunted by the sheer number of books and their length, but one of the things I love about Stephen King is the flow of his work and how easy it is to become completely invested in the story. I really couldn’t help myself and already began reading on September 1st, thusfar I’ve finished Carrie, ‘Salem’s Lot and The Shining. I’m feeling really positive about finishing before his next birthday!
Carrie ‘Salem’s Lot The Shining The Stand The Dead Zone Firestarter Cujo The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger
- Pet Sematary
- Cycle of the Werewolf
- The Talisman Written with Peter Straub;
- Thinner Published under pseudonym Richard Bachman
- The Eyes of the Dragon
- The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three
- The Tommyknockers
- The Dark Half
- The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands
- Needful Things
- Gerald’s Game
- Dolores Claiborne
- Rose Madder
- The Green Mile
- The Regulators Published under pseudonym Richard Bachman
- The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass
- Bag of Bones
- The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
- Black House Sequel to The Talisman;Written with Peter Straub
- From a Buick 8
- The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla
- The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah
- The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower Grant
- The Colorado Kid
- Lisey’s Story
- Blaze Published under pseudonym Richard Bachman
- Duma Key
- Under the Dome
- The Dark Tower: The Wind Through the Keyhole
- Doctor Sleep
- Mr. Mercedes
- Finders Keepers Second novel in the Bill Hodges Trilogy.
- End of Watch Third novel in the Bill Hodges Trilogy.
- Different Seasons
- Skeleton Crew
- The Bachman Books (Rage, Long Walk, Roadwork, Running Man)
- Four Past Midnight
- Nightmares & Dreamscapes
- Hearts in Atlantis
- Everything’s Eventual
- Just After Sunset
- Full Dark, No Stars
- The Bazaar of Bad Dreams