Happy New Year Friends! I wish you all the best and sincerely hope all your hopes and dreams for 2021 will come to fruition; let’s make the most of it!
I believe in making resolutions; they give you the focus to complete certain tasks. Resolutions can be made any time of the year, and should be in some cases, but it’s traditional to make them for the fresh start of a new year and it’s all in good fun!
I’ve set 21 resolutions for 2021, check them out!
- Buy and use a solar USB charger.
- Eat take-out only once per week.
- Diagnose and treat Leeloo’s medical issue.
- Expand our kitchen garden.
- Make Monday’s meatless.
- Play & complete 5 games created before 2000.
- Play & complete 5 games I own, but never finished.
- Play & complete 5 new games.
- Reach 1000 subscribers on YouTube.
- Reach my earnings goal by December.
- Reach my goal weight.
- Read & complete 5 books I own, but have never read.
- Read & complete 5 classic books.
- Read & complete 5 Stephen King books.
- Read to Zoey every day.
- Refurbish the play house & give it to Zoey.
- Refurbish the play kitchen & give it to Zoey.
- Replace all the lightbulbs in & around the house with LEDs.
- Switch to cloth napkins.
- Take a DNA test.
- Take Zoey to Disneyland.
I’m going to do my best to fulfill each and every one of them so if you’re looking for ideas, inspiration or just to follow along in some good fun follow me here and on my instagram for updates!
Today one of my favorite authors, Stephen King, turns 69 and I’d like to celebrate this birthday and the next by attempting to read all of his fictional novels within a year!
If my research is correct, I believe this is about 66 books including the 11 collections, and each collection ranges between 4 to 24 stories.
Can this be done? Has anyone done this before?
I could feel daunted by the sheer number of books and their length, but one of the things I love about Stephen King is the flow of his work and how easy it is to become completely invested in the story. I really couldn’t help myself and already began reading on September 1st, thusfar I’ve finished Carrie, ‘Salem’s Lot and The Shining. I’m feeling really positive about finishing before his next birthday!
The Dead Zone
The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger
- Pet Sematary
- Cycle of the Werewolf
- The Talisman Written with Peter Straub;
- Thinner Published under pseudonym Richard Bachman
- The Eyes of the Dragon
- The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three
- The Tommyknockers
- The Dark Half
- The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands
- Needful Things
- Gerald’s Game
- Dolores Claiborne
- Rose Madder
- The Green Mile
- The Regulators Published under pseudonym Richard Bachman
- The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass
- Bag of Bones
- The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
- Black House Sequel to The Talisman;Written with Peter Straub
- From a Buick 8
- The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla
- The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah
- The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower Grant
- The Colorado Kid
- Lisey’s Story
- Blaze Published under pseudonym Richard Bachman
- Duma Key
- Under the Dome
- The Dark Tower: The Wind Through the Keyhole
- Doctor Sleep
- Mr. Mercedes
- Finders Keepers Second novel in the Bill Hodges Trilogy.
- End of Watch Third novel in the Bill Hodges Trilogy.
- Different Seasons
- Skeleton Crew
- The Bachman Books (Rage, Long Walk, Roadwork, Running Man)
- Four Past Midnight
- Nightmares & Dreamscapes
- Hearts in Atlantis
- Everything’s Eventual
- Just After Sunset
- Full Dark, No Stars
- The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
One of the new year’s resolutions I gave myself this year is to play and complete 16 video games within this year of 2016. So far I’ve played and completed 7 games and I’m currently playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt which is a mammoth of a game, believe me!
Other games I’ve completed are:
- Lara Croft Go
- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
- Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power
- Monsters Ate My Birthday Cake
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
One of the new year’s resolutions I gave myself this year is to read and complete 20 books within this year of 2016. So far I’ve played and completed 8 books and I’m currently reading my 9th, which is The Last Coyote by Michael Connelly.
The other books I’ve completed are:
- Scott Pilgrim Volume 3
- The Black Echo by Michael Connelly
- The Black Ice by Michael Connelly
- The Concrete Blonde by Michael Connelly
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith
- Scott Pilgrim Volume 4
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith