Welcome to the boo-tiful month of October my friends!
To inspire you and your little ones into the Halloween mood, I’ve curated a list of Halloween-themed books for ages five and under! These selections are festive, without frights or scares that could upset a younger audience.
There are a handful of books on this list with a reading age that start under the age of five and peak at the age of 7 or 8.
- Biscuit Visits the Pumpkin Patch
- Curious George: A Halloween Boofest
- Eek! Halloween!
- Five Silly Ghosts
- Funny Little Ghost
- Ghost Afraid of the Dark
- Halloween ABC
- Happy Halloween, Curious George
- Happy Halloween, Stinky Face
- It’s Pumpkin Day Mouse!
- Llama Llama Trick or Treat
- Little Blue Truck’s Halloween
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Haunted Clubhouse
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey’s Halloween
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey’s Halloween Treat
- My First Halloween Bedtime Storybook
- One Black Cat
- One, Two…Boo!
- Peek-A-Flap Boo!
- Peppa Pig’s Halloween Party
- Pig the Monster
- Room on the Broom
- Spooky Little Kitten
- Spooky Pookie
- Teeny Tiny Ghost
- The Haunted Mansion
- The Itsy Bitsy Pumpkin
- The Little Ghost Who Didn’t Like to Be Scary
- The Roll Away Pumpkin
- The Spooky Wheels on the Bus
- There’s A Monster in Your Book
- Where is Baby’s Pumpkin?
- You’re My Little Pumpkin Pie
If you have a favorite Halloween book for children ages 5 and under that you do not see here, please let me know! I would love to add it to this list!