Welcome back friends! Autumn is my favorite season and while pumpkin spice has its charms, I prefer apple cider!
My family and I are starting a new Halloween tradition this year that includes drinking apple cider (check back on Friday for more details) and I thought it would be special to create our own!
Please feel free to use this recipe to create some delicious apple cider for you and yours! This cider is sweet and spiced; I used all Honeycrisp apples, but you can experiment with the combination of apples to change the flavor!
HOMEMADE APPLE CIDER
- 10 medium apples, quartered
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of ground cloves
- 4 – 6 tablespoons of sugar
- Place the apples, cinnamon, cloves and sugar into a crockpot, then add enough water to cover the apples.
- Cover the crockpot and cook the contents on low for 6 hours.
- Once the 6 hours have passed, use a spoon to gently crush the apples, then allow them to cook for 1 more hour.
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and allow the contents to cool slightly.
- Slowly ladle and strain the liquid through a fine mesh sieve into a large pot or pitcher, then strain it a second time; discard the solids.
- Enjoy warm or cold!