Welcome back friends!
Who wants some warm, buttery and freshly made tortillas to use for breakfast, lunch or dinner?
I know I do, so let’s make some!
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of water
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter in 1 cup of water and stir until well combined.
- Gently pour the butter and water mixture into the flour mixture and mix with your hands until a dough forms, then knead that dough into a smooth ball.
- Put the dough ball back into the bowl and cover it with plastic.
- Allow the dough to rest for 10 to 15 minutes, then remove it and separate it out into smaller balls of dough.
- Transfer them back into the bowl, cover them with plastic, and allow them to rest for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat your pan or skillet to a medium heat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out a ball of dough into an 8 to 10 inch round.
- Place your tortilla in the middle of the pan.
- When bubbles form, flip your tortilla and cook for an additional 30 seconds, then remove it from the heat.
- Repeat steps 8 through 10 until all of the tortillas are cooked!