Welcome back friends! Who would like to celebrate love and create some bittersweet fudge, sprinkled with a little salt this Valentine’s day? Usually I crave a sweeter chocolate, but this fudge has just enough sweet to cut through the bitter dark chocolate taste and if you add a little salt on top? Pure delicious!
Let’s make some!
- 16 ounces of Baker’s unsweetened chocolate
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- Kosher salt (optional)
- Line an 8 or 9 inch square pan with foil.
- Break the chocolate down in to smaller pieces and place it and the sweetened condensed milk into a double boiler.
- Melt the chocolate into the sweetened condensed milk, stirring to incorporate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the vanilla.
- Remove from the heat and spread the fudge on the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle Kosher salt over the top of the fudge if desired.
- Refrigerate for two hours or until firm.
- Use foil to lift fudge from pan before cutting into pieces. I used a heart cookie cutter to create heart shaped fudge pieces for my Valentine(s).