Welcome back friends! This week we’ll be creating the pawpsicles (popsicles) the enterprising Nick Wilde and Fennec create and sell to the lemmings in Disney’s Zootopia.
Pawpsicles are featured after Nick and Fennec hustle a jumbo-pop from Judy and Jumbeaux Cafe’s owner, then turn it into their own smaller pawpsicles to sell for a profit.
These are sweet, juicy and delicious, although they start to melt quickly so eat quickly! I wanted to use real fruit to make these with only minimal sugar added. Quite honestly, these probably would have been just as delicious without adding any sugar. I think I want to try that too!
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup of sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 2 cups of cherry juice
- Silicone paw print molds
- Popsicle sticks
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Combine the raspberries, strawberries, vanilla and 1/4 cup of the sugar in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the combined ingredients onto the parchment-lined sheet pan and place it in the oven. Roast for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat the cherry juice and 1/4 cup of sugar for about five minutes or until the sugar dissolves, then pour it into a bowl to cool.
- Once the fruit in the oven has roasted, add it into the bowl with the cherry juice, then place the bowl in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once cool, puree and pour the juice into the paw print molds and place in freezer for 5 or more hours.
- Serve and enjoy!