Welcome back friends
I have some chocolatey, peanut buttery halloween cookies for you!
You may have heard that you can make cookies with boxed cake mix and this recipe does just that, but with a boost of unsweetened cocoa powder and Reeses Pieces! They are delicious; rich and not too sweet. If you’re looking for something tasty to bake for yourself or someone(s) you love, please try these and enjoy!
- 1 box of devil’s food chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup of butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of Reeses Pieces candy
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open the cake mix and pour it into a large mixing bowl.
- Measure 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa into the dry cake mix and stir gently to incorporate.
- Add the softened butter and eggs into the dry ingredients and mix until a thick dough forms.
- Divide the Reeses Pieces: stir one cup into the cookie dough and place the other cup into a separate small bowl.
- Roll the dough into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls, then dip the top of each dough ball into the small bowl of Reeses Pieces. Lightly press the Reeses Pieces on top a little more firmly into the dough if needed but don’t squash the dough ball and place it onto the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes depending on the power of your oven.
- Bring the cookies out of the oven and allow them to cool on a rack for about 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack for another 5 to 10 minutes.