Part of the fun in raising Zoey is making things that delight her; I want to create fun, educational toys for her that are made with love and will be loved! I loved dinosaurs as a child and quite honestly I still do! I see that interest piquing in Zoey too and of course I’m going to encourage it!
Let’s create some dinosaur eggs! We can hide them for the kids to find, and then they can excavate them for a small dinosaur toy inside!
- 2 cups of sand
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- Plastic dinosaurs
- Add the cornstarch and sand to a mixing bowl and stir until incorporated.
- Stir in a little water at a time until the “dough” forms.
- Take a small handful of the “dough”, place a toy dinosaur inside, then add some more “dough” over the dinosaur to cover it.
- Work the sand mixture (with the dinosaur inside) in your hands to form an egg shape, then place it on a clean surface to dry.
- Repeat this process until all of the “dough” has been utilized.
- Place the dinosaur eggs outside to dry for about 2 days, or until completely hardened.
- Hide, discover and excavate! Enjoy!
These eggs can be opened with small tools, hands or dissolved in water.