I love a good snack, snacks are delicious! Are they good for you? Ehhh it’s always up for debate, but if you are going to eat something between meals, perhaps while you’re cozying up to watch a movie or play a game, why not make it a healthier choice?
I think most nutritionists agree that anything deep-fried should be consumed in moderation or not at all, but chips are sooooo good! The solution? Let’s create our own oven-baked chips! And not just potato chips, let’s create some delicious vegetable chips too! This way we are regulating exactly what is going into and/or on to our chips with no deep-frying to be found!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 large zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 240 F.
- Wash the zucchini, then use a mandolin to uniformly slice them into thin chips.
- Place the zucchini slices on a clean dish towel or paper towels. Cover them with another dish towel or paper towels and set a baking sheet on them, pressing own slightly to remove excess moisture.
- After drying, place the zucchini slices into a bowl and toss them with olive oil and a few pinches of salt (how much depends on your preference).
- Coat a large baking sheet (or more) with cooking spray or cover with parchment paper.
- Place the zucchini slices on the baking sheets in a single layer.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until crisp and golden.
- Allow the chips to cool completely.